Hear Ye! Hear Ye!
Let me first say that I’m a huge fan of Brandon Sanderson, a master storyteller who has taken the fantasy genre by storm. I used to be quite wary of this genre due to the epic scales of the stories and the copious number of pages, but this author changed all that with his enchanting and compelling tales – full of grand splendor and amazing, well-written characters. He has written many series, all of them I’ve enjoyed, and it was therefore a great surprise when I discovered these books were all actually set in the same universe, and that behind all of them is a hidden narrative with an even more epic story, connected so intricately and subtly.
This discovery prompted me to reread everything again and experience all the stories for the first time, keen on catching the connections and “hints” that Sanderson has masterfully weaved into them. It is therefore with great honor that I invite all of you to join me on this epic journey to the Cosmere and immerse ourselves in its glory. I promise you that it will be an enjoyable ride every step of the way, as all of them are excellent and masterpieces in their own right.
These are the books that will be included. Because of the number of books that are in the universe, I am estimating that it will take 9 months at least to read them all, if we go by a one book a month schedule. If you are worried about reading schedules and assignments, don’t be, as I will provide them for you for a more structured and orderly reading (but don’t worry, you’re not obligated to follow them to the letter!).
In a nutshell, this will include:
- Monthly reading of fantastic books, novellas, and shorts.
- Weekly Twitter Discussions using the hashtag #SandersonCosmere where we can all discuss the chapters we’ve read. Each week there will be assigned chapters to read and the discussion will only be limited to that.
- But don’t worry! Everyday you can post your mini-reactions on the hashtag! That means while we have our weekly twitter discussions, you can still tweet on a random day, “OMG. On Chapter nn right now. This villain… I wanna kick his nuts. #SandersonCosmere”. Awesome, right?
- A summarized post of everyone’s opinions at the end of the month.
- Well, fun! And a lot of theory-making, villain-ranting, awesome-characters-raving!
Who can join?
- EVERYONE! If you’re a blogger, a reader, a lurker, well, we don’t care! We just want to read together with you and discuss stuff. In any case, the main platform to be used for discussions will be Twitter.
Keep in mind that this will take months to finish, as there are 9 main books in the universe (as of now). If you’re worrying about it affecting your other reading plans, don’t be! We are stretching at least for one book to have 3-4 weeks, so there’s ample time to read this and other books.
Interested? Come put your name, email address, and twitter profile here:
If you’re a blogger and want to shout to the rest of the world you’re a part of this awesome read-along (while also promoting it because pssst, the more the better), you can put this thumbnail in your sidebar linking back here!
Latest posts by Faye (see all)
- I AM BACK, MINIONS!!!! (plus giveaway) - October 10, 2016
- [Blog tour] + [PH Giveaway] TELL ME THREE THINGS by Julie Buxbaum – My first 5 star book in 2016! LEGIT HERE, YO! - January 23, 2016
- YA Contemporary Books: Where Were You While I Was Growing Up? - January 5, 2016