Faye Reads 50 Shades of Grey ~ Chapter 2 ~

Hello, guys! It’s me again! This time with the second chapter of my reading 50 Shades of Grey. Can I get some applause here? It was hard work, y’know!

If you think the first chapter shooed me away, think again. This time I trudged through the next one like it was a birthday cake (I am not sure if that makes any sense). I have a lot more reactions in this installment compared to the last, hence the whooping length. Make sure to watch through it all, especially from 6:20 up because that’s where some of my violent reactions are.

Observations:

1.) Still too many emphasis on the unnecessary details. Pages talking about your mom’s ex-husbands?! Is that really necessary?!
2.) Too many adjectives for my bloody life.
3.) Basically my problems in chapter 1 in a nutshell.

Is it not appearing? Check it out HERE.

What do you think? Did you enjoy the second chapter? Have you read the book? Did you like it? NO SPOILERS!

Special thanks to:

HappyCrab for the music “Alternative”

Comments

Aww, thanks, lovely <3 I swear none of those were fabricated haha. I read everything in one go and the raw footage was 36 minutes long!! O_O I had to cut a lot lest you guys wanted a 15 minute video lololol

Yeah, the adjectives were simply too, too much. It was downright untolerable. Thankfully, my patience when I was reading wasn't that thin so I was able to bear it a little :P

BAHAHAHA, Faye! Don’t think too hard about Ana’s subconscious because it won’t make sense ever with this book. I kinda fear for the life of your ereader. If ever you feel the need to throw it or something, I’m here to catch it. *wiggles eyebrows* I lost it at the aroused part. Lol! Oh Faye, there’s more to come. Run away while you still can. Heehee.
    Sarah P. recently posted…Review: Ghost House by Alexandra AdornettoMy Profile

Gah, I know! It’s so annoying because we’re already in her thoughts and she keeps giving us inner thoughts… in her thoughts… and it’s just so damn distracting. Haha. My eReader is far too valuable to destroy over this book, unfortunately :P

2. laila bc says

you should do an entire book recap in 15mins. much less painful that way lol! but tbh i enjoyed this story in fanfic form first…i just never thought she was gonna get published…coz as much as i enjoyed it i just don’t think it was worth paying for it that much. and i never did bought a copy.
    that is why i can understand your reaction to her writing, and now i’m worried for your health! ahahaha! so good luck in the next chapter and don’t forget to be annoyed hahaha!

Haha, that means reading everything in one go, and I don’t think I’m brave enough to read it in a few sittings :P I’m the kind that if I’m going to read something very painful, let it be given slowly so I can take breaks in between :P

DID YOU HEAR THAT? SHE JUST BIT HER LIP. I’m telling you, IT IS STARTING!! The gasping, the feeling in her unexplored and dark belly whatever. By continuing this, you’re making me more thankful for not finishing the book. Love your added effects/edits! It added more laughs (not that your natural reactions isn’t enough!! :p) Also, I agree.. how does someones stare be compared to an ice cream or what was that, a sundae? whatever! HAHAHA. Cannot wait for the other chapters. xx
    Paula M. @ Her Book Thoughts! recently posted…BOOKtunes #001: Aspen by Rebekah CraneMy Profile

I knooow! Every time she hdoes that WE HAVE TO DRINK A SHOT OF TEQUILA. I bet we’ll be drunk in no time haha. The dark belly thing really got to me! I have never regarded what was down there as “deep down in my belly”. That is just absolutely silly.

This is such a great effort that you went to in terms of reading the book because personally I found it incredibly dull! I was bored, and the MC is such a sop! I mean all the excessive descriptions are just ridiculous and Mr Grey is quite creepy. Honestly I think the film might actually be more redeeming as I hope they won’t add an over voice to describe what we can see. Still, the film has no plot, but it might make for some fun, mindless TV!
    Liv_TheAbsentHistorian recently posted…Series Review (1-3): Morganville VampiresMy Profile

Haha, yeah, it is quite dull with the very dragging narration. I’m really trying to read it more brightly than usual because I really don’t have any other choice. Hahaha. I KNOW! In chapter 2 he keeps murmuring and all I thought was, “Creep alert! Creep alert!” Not sure I’m watching the movie to be honest… my mom would kill me XD

Ah, Faye, it may be wise to have a straightjacket in hand. There’s a high probability that as you go deeper into the story, the higher the risk that you’ll go crazy. Anastasia is really something, isn’t she? The way the attraction at first sight was handled in this book was quite unrealistic and makes me want to gag. Hahahaha. I agree that the descriptions were exaggerated and it shows that E.L. James didn’t make any effort to at least improve her command of English adjectives.

As always, your reactions are one of a kind. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!
    Charlotte @ Thoughts and Pens recently posted…Review: Storm SirenMy Profile

LOLOLOL! It’s only about to get more crazier, huh? I hear chapter 3 is where it all starts, with the contract signing and all. I don’t even want to think about it >< huhuhu The adjectives! The bane of this book! Seriously, I keep rolling my eyes - it's like she has a book of adjectives nearby or something. Complete overkill.

HAHAHAH FAYE YOU ARE SO CUTE <3 and your intense stare LOL!

I still don't think I'll ever read this, JUST BECAUSE WHY? I already see you starting to go crazy so, I will not follow on the SAME PATH.
    Valerie recently posted…Review: Ebony RisingMy Profile

The book doesn’t have anything to tell so the author used a lot of adjective and unnecessary description to make the book longer. I feel bad for Jose too and he doesn’t have a chance if it’s Grey, you know. Grey’s perfect (rich, young and handsome).
    Irish recently posted…2014 Series Challenge: LegendMy Profile

Yeah, I can already tell Jose will be getting the shorter end of the stick :( There’s even this guy called Paul, too! Friendzoned #2 >.>

This is spectacular! First of all, you are too funny- I seriously laughed so hard! And to say I agree would be an understatement- I was literally shouting “yes, exactly!” at my computer the whole time. First of all, what is with the feeling “deep in her belly” or whatever? I think she needs a refresher on human anatomy or some antacid or something. This book may be the most worthless piece of drivel I have ever read. No, it is most definitely the worst piece of drivel I have ever read. I don’t usually like to insult books, because authors spend so much effort on them, but no. I can’t even believe that anyone put more than like, a twenty minute subway ride full of thought into it. It is that bad. And don’t worry, it doesn’t get any better ;) But I can’t wait for your next chapter!
    Shannon @ It Starts At Midnight recently posted…Gif-y Review: City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare + What to do NextMy Profile

Awww, thank you so much, you are too kind! That “deep in her belly” thing was so silly it totally caught me off-guard! First time I’ve ever seen anyone reference their vagina like that. Hers must be so sunken or something… haha. I’m dreading chapter 3, but I can’t wait how I’ll react to it!

Yay, I’m glad to have edited it perfectly. It does sound nicely now compared to the last time. I know I told you this already but I wasn’t even aware of how much eye rolls I’ve been doing XD

LOL I’m dying here, but your reactions. Lol you’ve got me in stitches girl. Honestly I admire you for sticking up with this. When I read it I skimmed half of the book. In my defense I had to or my eyes would pop out of all the rolling. Still lol this is hilarious!
    Tanja recently posted…Ruin and Rising by Leigh BardugoMy Profile

Awww, thanks, sweet! ;) I live dangerously and to please ;) It’s easy right now because I haven’t entered the rocky waters yet but I’m sure it will be a struggle soon enough. Haha!

Hahaha I did read this book, because well, you practically have to, right? I don’t remember exactly what happened in Chapter 2, but the fact that you had 10+ minutes of violent reactions probably means that these clips are going to keep getting longer and longer as you keep reading. I liked it well enough, but I did have a lot of issues with it as well. It’s kind of like a train wreck… must… look… away… ;)
    Carmel @ Rabid Reads recently posted…Writing Action with Tracey Martin + Giveaway #StompvsRompMy Profile

Yeah, it’s so popular and I feel like the oddball out not having read it yet :P AND I KNOOOOOW! Did you know that the original footage was thirty-six minutes long? I had to cut and fast-forward and skip so many reactions (I had many but they couldn’t hold here :( unfortunately :( )

Awww, thanks, Lily! You’re most kind! I hope in the future chapters we continue to laugh silly about this book together XD

Just reading the comments makes me want to click the play button. Unfortunately, I’m still at the office and I don’t want my office mates turning their heads upon hearing the most controversial pair Anna and Christian Grey so I have to wait until tonight when I get home so I can finally relate. Aww.. :(
    I’ve read this trilogy last year and I’m not sure if I really like it or what because it just seems to me that this book is for Psychology majors(well, because of the behavioral stuff about Grey that he consults with Dr. Flynn)
    Anyway, Chapter 2.. OhMyGulay, this is going to be long since it’s a trilogy. Brace yourself for the SSSSSPG parts. More adjectives are coming… hahaha
    Ima Vee recently posted…Movie Monday: Reviewing God’s Not DeadMy Profile

Haha, it’s been days since this was out,so I hope you were able to watch it in peace, Ima Vee! But really, you had nothing to be afraid of ;) No PG-13 stuff here, unless the “dark thingy deep in my belly” is considered explicit XDD

I AM AFRAID OF THE ADJECTIVES IN THE FUTURE CHAPTERS. I AM LEGIT SCARED.

Hey, I actually welcome that, Kayla ;) Feel free to listen and rant with me as we trudge through this book! And who knows, maybe you’ll end up liking it… bahaha!

Love your reactions! I have not read the book (not sure if I want too :P) but your reactions were hilarious! I feel like I should read it just so I can have fun with my reactions :P Love it! Can’t wait for the next chapter! :)

I’m a huge fan of all things romance, erotic or otherwise, but I have yet to read this series!!! The general consensus seems to be that it’s not all that well written, and it would seem based on two chapters that you would agree for now. Hopefully the characters will reach out and grab you as their story continues Faye!
    Jenny @ Supernatural Snark recently posted…Review: The Beautiful AshesMy Profile

I think you dodged quite a heavy and lethal bullet there, Jenny, so you didn’t miss a thing, I don’t think! It really is not well-written for me (it reads like a drawn-out fanfiction) but I can see how some others can like it. I sincerely hope so too, Jenny!

OMG hahahaha. Faye you’re adorable and your reactions alone are absolutely priceless. I’ll never read this myself, but I don’t have to now, I’ve got my very own and not so private reading. We’re all waiting to see how you tackle what I’ve heard, is the really kinky sex. If you gasp and giggle your way through, I’m so turning it into a ringtone. I heart you Faye, so bloody funny <3
    Kelly recently posted…Jeann’s Guest Review: Roomies by Sara ZarrMy Profile

Thank you, Kelly! As long as I made YOU chuckle or giggle, that’s a day’s work done well for me ;) I’m happy to be doing the hard work for y’all. Just relax and watch me go on fire against this book. Haha.

Hahaha, it’s okay to have loved them books, Jessica ;) Everyone has their own likes and dislikes XD I’m pretty sure I liked some books that you didn’t, and I’ll proclaim those loud and proud! :D I need to reenact every intense stare, like legit.