PURCHASE:Amazon | Book Depository
Top Five Things That Are Ruining Chloe’s Day
5) Working the 6:30 a.m. shift at GoodFoods Market
4) Crashing a cart into a customer’s car right in front of her snarky coworker Sammi
3) Trying to rock the “drowned rat” look after being caught in a snowstorm
2) Making zero progress with her crush, Tyson (see #3)
1) Being accused—along with her fellow teenage employees—of stealing upwards of $10,000
Chloe would rather be anywhere than locked in work jail (aka the break room) with five of her coworkers . . . even if one of them is Tyson. But if they can band together to clear their names, what looks like a total disaster might just make Chloe’s list of Top Ten Best Moments.
I received this book for free in exchange for an honest review.
Liz Czukas definitely has the whole light, easy read thing down–I’d go far as to say she’s a pro at it. But of course, despite being a hilarious and cute read, this book wasn’t perfect. Let me list down three reasons why you’ll love it, and two reasons why you might not.
Top Three Reasons Why You’ll Enjoy Top Ten Clues You’re Clueless
- You’ll love Chloe. The main thing I’d like to commend Czukas for is how real she made Chloe out to be. Chloe really sounded like a teen, having small bits of random problems here and there, like having a crush on her co-worker, the super cute Tyson.
- You’ll love the the entire cast of characters. I was a bit surprised to find out that this book was more focused on friendship and character development rather than the romance, but I actually enjoyed this aspect a lot! Chloe and her gang all had different personalities (and nationalities as well!), but they worked so well together. The whole group had so much chemistry together, and you’ll adore their crazy antics and bonding moments.
- You’ll love the lists–maybe. Personally, I love writing lists–I write them when I’m bored or when I have to. Chloe made lists out of all the minor details she’d notice all day. She’d write some down and some are just in her head, but either way, each list had some entertaining content.
Top Two Reasons Why Top Ten Clues You’re Clueless Might Not Be For You
- Not all aspects were streched to their potential. See, the main events in this book happen in the course of A DAY, so not a lot can really happen. For example, Chloe had diabetes. There was a small scene where everyone made a fuss of it, but I never really got the point of even adding the diabetes bit there if there wasn’t anything important about it.
- The book might be too cheesy for you. The “mystery” aspect of the book was a bit predictable, and the whole stuck-in-a-grocery-store thing could be too weird.
Overall, I would still recommend this to anyone looking for quick and funny read. But if you’re looking for a story with a bit more depth, this isn’t for you.
*Thank you to Harper Teen for the review copy!