Random Things in Motion is where we share all of our random thoughts at the moment.
Let’s be honest: a lot of things changed about my lifestyle and personality since I started blogging. Here are some things that have changed about me:
1. My self-confidence has improved. Come on–I’ve chatted with my favorite authors (some who are extremely popular–eek) and even publicists on Twitter and via email. With that in mind, I can go up to the counter at McDonald’s and shamelessly ask for extra gravy! Okay, well, not shamelessly, but I can do it on my own now.
2. I read a wider range of books. Duh. Before blogging, I just bought whatever the heck bookstores had in their Teen Bestsellers list, regardless of whether or not they would be me books. Believe it or not, I wasted a lot of money on books I haven’t read even until now. Now I can easily weed out which books I don’t want to read from the ones I do want to.
3. I have realized how “real” internet friends are. I was part of a lot of online communities before I blogged, but then I only interacted with the people every now and then. But now I’ve met bloggers in real life and it’s just the best! It’s fantastic how I’ve met all these people who I can rant to and who I can tell personal things to. :)
4. I’ve learned to be more careful with what I say. I used to be one of those people who blurt out whatever, whenever. Now I’ve learned to keep sass to a minimum just in case I might offend someone. I’m trying to be more respectful both in reviewing and talking to people in general.
5. I am now more patient. Because we booknerds have to wait for months (sometimes years–I’m looking at you, Rachel Hartman) to read sequels and new books by beloved authors. An half-our long wait to get into a popular restaurant is nothing now. ;) Plus I usually have a book to keep me company while I wait. And in case you didn’t know, book signings in our country require HOURS to wait… My patience has been tested. I am now a pro at waiting. Most of the time.
Have you changed since you started blogging/reading/reviewing? Have we changed in the same way?