PURCHASE:Amazon | Book Depository
Ruth Carver has always competed like her life depends on it. Ambitious. Tough. Maybe even mean. It’s no wonder people call her Ruthless.
When she wakes up with a concussion in the bed of a moving pickup truck, she realizes she has been entered into a contest she can’t afford to lose.
At a remote, rotting cabin deep in the Blue Ridge Mountains, Ruth’s blindfold comes off and she comes face-to-face with her captor. A man who believes his mission is to punish bad girls like Ruth. A man who has done this six times before.
The other girls were never heard from again, but Ruth won’t go down easy. She escapes into the wilderness, but her hunter is close at her heels. That’s when the real battle begins. That’s when Ruth must decides just how far she’ll go in order to survive.
Back home, they called her Ruthless. They had no idea just how right they were.
I received this book for free in exchange for an honest review.
(and seriously, watch the video – I did another reenactment there!)
A summary of why the book’s awesome:
– It’s atmospheric. Guaranteed to put you on your toes. I mean, a psycho’s out there; you can’t let your guard down now, can you?!
– It’s character-driven and plot-driven at the same time, which is actually a very great combination here.
– The heroine is fan-fucking-tastic. She is smart, tough, goes through a lot of HARD obstacles and fights through them tooth and nail.
– It’s good, period.
Fun fact: You’ll notice that a few seconds were cut from my re-enactment. I was recording this in the middle of the night and was completely alone in my room. But, when I watched the video, I noticed something strange and eerie. As soon as I asked, “Is anybody there?” (I was talking to the camera), a small voice from the background replied, “Yeah”, which, honestly, is FRICKING CREEPY AS HELL. I decided to cut that portion out because 1.) creepy; 2.) I don’t want to give y’all nightmares; 3.) just in case… I don’t want to be haunted, just in case O.O
“Unseen Horrors” Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0
Latest posts by Faye (see all)
- I AM BACK, MINIONS!!!! (plus giveaway) - October 10, 2016
- [Blog tour] + [PH Giveaway] TELL ME THREE THINGS by Julie Buxbaum – My first 5 star book in 2016! LEGIT HERE, YO! - January 23, 2016
- YA Contemporary Books: Where Were You While I Was Growing Up? - January 5, 2016