1. Only kids read YA.
I am too old for that shit. Once you hit the 18 mark, it’s BYE-BYE to YA.
2. Too many Threeseomes.
Like EW. It’s not like teenagers have sex. They are too pure and innocent to have any thoughts regarding the act of lurve. Whoever came up with this bullshit?
3. Too much romance.
What is up with all the romance in general? Why aren’t there YA books out there without romance? Kids should study anyway, they don’t need a love life. They shouldn’t have a love life.
4. YA is not morally complicated enough for me.
It’s all about the sparkly vampires, and girls worrying about making friends. Nobody dies in YA. Nobody picks up a bow and arrow to kill their own food.
5. The teens don’t respect the adults.
Everybody knows that adults are trustworthy and always 100% right. Can you imagine how much better YA would be if the kids would just leave the government alone. That way, nobody would die.
6. I am so done with all the female protagonists.
Why aren’t there more MEN in YA. We need real men, people. Men are underrepresented.
7. Also YA novels are too expensive.
Latest posts by Rashika (see all)
- ARC Review: The Peculiar Night of the Blue Heart by Lauren DeStefano - August 8, 2016
- ARC Review: Moo by Sharon Creech - August 1, 2016
- 6 Reasons Why You Should Read Wax by Gina Damico - July 25, 2016