HI POTATO MINIONS. I’m back, alive and kicking after… 5? 6 months? Anyway, I’ve been super invested in my personal life recently that I haven’t been reading, or blogging, or being part of this community (which is the saddest part, really).
So today I’m going to try to justify my absence and make up for it by sharing a few tidbits of what’s been going on in my life. Please bear with me here. XD
XIAMEN STUDY TOUR
The main reason for my absence was the Xiamen study tour that took place from March to June. After years of pushing me, my best friend finally got me to agree to go with her, and it was one of the most enjoyable Summers in my (almost-) 17 years of existence thus far!
The first few weeks were awkward as heck, but about a month (out of two) in, I’d pretty much settled in and was loving the freedom. A few of the things I loved from the tour:
- FREEDOM. It’s hard to find that as a Chinese kid in the Philippines, but there you could literally just walk over to the night market and eat all the food!
- I got to know my batchmates and schoolmates a LOT more, which is making this school year a whole lot more enjoyable for me!
- TOUR CRUSH. Who is also my schoolmate. Wew.
- Friends from other schools! <3
So this year, I told myself to study less and focus more on extracurriculars.
- Again, I joined the cheering squad for our batch. Practice has already started
and MY MUSCLES ARE ON FIRE! Our routine (the 20 seconds we’ve done so far) is pretty kick-ass though.
- I am surprisingly also a batch officer and club officer. This feels weird after years of zero involvement…
- I plan on joining a few student council committees as well!
I’ve been trying a lot of new things lately, and when I try new things, I tend to get sort of obsessed with them for a while…
- Rubik’s cube. One of my batchmates taught me how to solve it back in Xiamen and I’ve been addicted thus far. I’m currently trying to speed up my solving using the F2L method.
- Bullet journalling. The OCD in me is so satisfied with all the charts, lists and calendars–asdfghjkl SO IN LOVE WITH THIS.
AND THAT’S IT!
I hope you guys didn’t miss me too much. ;) I’ll try to be around more because I MISS Y’ALL SO MUCH. Let me know how YOU’VE been these past few months so we can catch up. :)